Thanks to all that replied with funny fiction for middle school students.  You guys
are great.  I have condensed the list and pasted it here.  Hope this helps anyone
else!
Thanks again!
Lisa
TVMS

Some funny authors: Andrew Clements, Jack Gantos, Gordon Korman, Daniel Pinkwater,
Dan Gutman, Louis Sachar, Roald Dahl

Books:

Surviving
the Applewhites by Tolan,

Son of the Mob by Korman,

No More Dead Dogs by Korman,

Nose From Jupiter by Scrimger
Harris and Me by Paulsen

How Angel Peterson got his name by Paulsen

Chicken Doesn't Skate and No More Dead Dogs by Korman

Angus, Thongs series.

Skinnybones by Park

How to Eat Fried Worms

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

The Wayside Schools books are

Gary Paulsen's Dunc and Amos series. They are out of print, but my low readers
liked them so much I
bought them used.

A Year Down Yonder

Soup books by Peck too.
The Pigman and Me by Paul Zindel is a true story, but it reads like a novel and is
unbelievably funny (although there is one chapter that has a little bit
of touchy material).

"Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draneen Funny middle school books:
Loser by Jerry Spinelli
I Can't Believe I Have to Do This by J. Alford
Paulsen (Harris and Me, The Boy Who Owned the School)
Peck (It's a Long Way From Chicago)
Creech (A Regular Guy)
Curtis (Bud, Not Buddy)
Spinelli (Loser)
Squashed by Joan Bauer.

Space Station Seventh Grade, Spinelli

Hidden Talents -- Lubar
Parts of Christopher Paul Curtis are funny -- but not the whole book:
Some kids like Sammy Keyes Mysteries
There are some funny parts in Fig Pudding.. Fletcher...but some really sad
parts as well.
Which Witch.
The Giggler Treatment" by Roddy Doyle. The plot involves getting poo (as in dog) on
the shoe (it happens to mean people, and it's set up by little elfin creatures).