Thanks to Carol Simpson I will once again keep myself out of
trouble...and since Reader's Theatre is becoming more and more common I
thought I would pass on the fact that to take the text of a book and
make it into Reader's Theatre is a violation...you are making an
adaptation which is a derivative work and hence a no-no. (unless you
get permission, of course!) There are lots of websites out there with
Reader's Theatre scripts and while some may be legal, many may not be,
so beware!

What I would like to do is something like How the Grinch Stole
Christmas so I plan on getting 6 or 8 identical copies in paperback and
then marking the parts.

Using some of the old traditional stories that are in public domain are
ok though...and these would include things like Night before Christmas,
Andersen's Fir Tree and Dicken's Christmas Carole. (right?)

Barb Engvall

Teacher-Librarian
John Campbell Elem
Selah, WA