I had hoped to find an easy way to print the list, (like maybe a
"printer-friendly" link) but ended up copying and pasting. I made a Word
document, deleted the extraneous material, moved out the margins, shrunk
the font, and printed 17 pages. I then went through the list and
highlighted the titles I know we have. Later I'll actually use Athena to
check, but as of now I have 122 highlighted. In some cases I have one
book that has several titles (_Complete works of Shakespeare_, _Narnia
chronicles_). When I finally complete this survey, I'll print out a list
of what we actually have and post it in the library. That list will
probably be cut to just the rank and title, and printed in two columns.

As I was going through the list, though, I noticed that many of the
titles were music. Since I don't have any music (music department has
all of that) obviously I won't have all 1000. Also, magazines were
included, and I did count the titles that I have. Eventually I'd like to
make sure that I own at least the top 250 books that are appropriate for
my library.

What are the rest of you doing with this list? Anyone doing something
different? Anyone else doing the same thing?

--
David Lininger, kb0zke,
MS/HS librarian