You bet it is! [filtered] Accessing it at home I see they have lifted huge
chunks of text from books they find objectionable--anyplace that has a
"dirty word," so the site is full of all the usual suspects and would
probably set most filters on their ears!  Meanwhilel, I have to wonder what
right they have to copy all that text--does this kind of thing come under
the heading of "short excerpts for the purpose of review??"  It is this type
of site that can be so inflammatory and has people banning books without
reading the whole thing.  They take a 197 page book and reproduce all the
paragraphs (or just a few dozen phrases) completely out of context with only
a sentence or two about the substance of the book  But those are not
uncommon tactics.

Maureen S. Irwin
Library Director
Rye Country Day School