Greetings to all!

We are looking into electronic delivery for ILLs.  I was
wondering if anyone is using either Prospero or Ariel at the
secondary level, and could share the pros & cons of  your
experiences?

Or, do you know if there another product that is better
suited to smaller scale ILL depts.?

I'm sending and receiving approx. 600 ILLs a year for my HS
students and staff, and need to find a faster, more
efficient way of dealing with this service.  In the near
future, my library will probably be coordinating the ILLs
for our district professional development classes, and for
those staff members going back to school for advanced
degrees.  This will result in my ILLs increasing
dramatically.   There has to be a better way!

In addition, just as I was pondering this topic, I was
contacted by one of the local city public library systems.
The Public Library does several thousand ILLs annually, and
is also looking for an automation solution.  I'll be sharing
any information with her.

TIA for any advice.

Tim O'Shaughnessy
Library / Media Center
Moline High School
Moline, IL.
toshaugh@molineschools.org
"Show me a computer expert that gives a damn, and I'll show
you a
librarian."     Patricia Wilson Berger. (Quoted in Chicago
Tribune article, 29 June 1990, Tempo section,
p. 1)