I will be booktalking to the 7th and 11th graders this year and would love
to hear about some of your favorites.  After looking through the archives I
found some great suggestions but I would appreciate more. The archives
listed books, book bites and book hooks and they are wonderful, but many
were for younger children.  The book bites/hooks are where you read a few
pages or a chapter from a book to "hook" them.  I enjoyed reading the
passages that people stated that have worked well with the students.

If you have any suggestions for my 7th or 11th graders I will gather them
together and post a hit.

Thank you in advance,
Dawn VanLerberghe
Librarian