Dear Colleagues,
As many of you are gearing up for the coming year I thought this
information might be helpful for any of you who are planning  an
author/illustrator visit or who have considered arranging or
requesting an author visit.

On our page at http://www.mcelmeel.com/bookauthor we have links to
several documents that provide rationale, background etc. for why
author visits are a valuable tool in motivating reading and writing.
You are welcome to reprint any of the articles we have written and
send your colleagues (PTA also) to the sites that are from other
sources.

In addition to the authors we deal with directly -- links on the
page; we also have a page of more than 200 author links at
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriuclum/authorlinks.html
A companion page at
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/stateawards.html has links to as
many state award sites as we have been able to find/verify.

I'm hopeful that some of these links might help as you look toward
planning any future author visits or for author focus curriculum units.

All the best for a great school year.

Sharron McElmeel
Sharron L. McElmeel
McBookwords (a literacy organization)
http://www.mcelmeel.com/
Instructor - University of Wisconsin-Stout
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/childrenslit

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562
FAX (319) 393-4749  (if line is busy make a voice call to
319.393-2562 and ask that the line be cleared).
mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com