Follett_Talk at http://www.fsc.follett.com/support/login.cfm
Also, look into the various other support available through there also
(user guides and searchable support).

For the Barcode, you'll need to have a barcode font. I don't remember
the process inside of Follett, but we used a spreadsheet program to
print out student ID numbers for scanning during checkout. We format the
needed column to use that font. It has been a couple of years since I've
done it, but I think there is a start and end code that needs to be
added also. we did the patron lists using a formula (one column was ID
number, the BC column had a formula or macro to add additional code).

However, for the books, I'd recommend preprinted ones. I think more
durable, less bleed from dark covers causing miss-scan. Some don't even
need a plastic cover, really speeding up processing.

Make sure to factor your (and or aide) time into cost. Also, time being
spent on technical issues can affect your program. Grumpy with laser
printer eating a sheet of labels when the kid comes in with the 'I never
checked out that book you said was overdue last month' may not be a good
experience for anyone.

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library
beiffert at comcast dot net, beiffert at egreen dot wednet dot edu

Robyn Doppke-Jones wrote:

>Ok, guys you have been wonderful answering my questions.
>
>First, someone on this site sent me a list serv for Follett.. thank you but I
>deleted the e-mail. Could someone please send that info again.
>
>Second, Which or How do I print out the bar code labels to put on the books. I
>looked in the manual and I did a print out on plain paper to test and the
>barcode.. the actual barcode printed out like symbols. What did I do wrong?
>
>Thanks to all the great minds on this site.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0436-2, 09/01/2004
Tested on: 9/1/2004 6:22:32 PM