As an Australian t/l, I am a member of OZTL_NET which is the DownUnder
version of LM_NET.  One of the constant threads that comes through that list
is  online learning opportunities such as travel buddies and book raps -
either asking for participants in something that has been developed or
seeking information on something that is happening.  We also have a number
of local sources that we can check to see what is being planned that we
might like to get our students involved in.  There are also websites for
global projects such as http://www.iearn.org that we use.

But this does not seem to happen on LM_NET apart from requests for postcards
from all the states or for Flat Stanley participants.

If you want to do a collaborative venture online what is your main source
for knowing what's happening?  I am on to the final chapter of my book for
the ALA  and I need some relevant North American information for these,
rather than using our stuff.  One of the greatest bugbears is the complete
difference in the timing of our school years so if I were to direct you to
the sites I know, you would be disappointed because much happens for us over
your summer.

So if you have a source for these sorts of collaborative projects that is
available to all, please let me know.

Thanks
Barbara

Barbara  Braxton