Does anyone know of a federal program that gives grants to schools to =
help the schools hire library aides?  Like many of you out there, we are =
drowning in the amount of work the system expects elementary librarians =
to do and the local school board has rubber stamped the "no money" =
reply, along with the state.  Asking for a lighter schedule is not an =
option because we are elementary and provide "planning periods" for the =
teachers, who would scream if we suggested such a thing.  We would be =
thrilled just to be able to put one part time aide in each of the larger =
elementary libraries.  Any information anyone can provide would be very =
appreciated.  You may reply to me off the listserv.

Amy Duncan
Librarian, Broadmoore Elementary School
Terrebonne Parish School District
Houma, Louisiana 70363