Does anyone here include strategy guides and cheat code books for video games in
your collections?  I have a very small collection in my public library YA
collection.  They get a lot of circs, but I am beginning to question the wisdom of
even buying them.

And, while I'm on the topic, isn't it rather sad that cheat codes even exist?  I
mean, really, how is a young person going to develop the core values of integrity &
honesty or even a sense of pride in their own accomplishments if they spend their
time playing these games that encourage them to cheat to get ahead and, in fact,
reward them for cheating?

Is it any wonder they have no qualms about plagiarizing their schoolwork?

Why do these game developers even place these cheat programs and sequences IN the
games in the first place? I'm beginning to think that the harm this does to a
developing character is even worse than the exposure to the violence and sexual
content of the games themselves.

Dawn M. Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library