Netters:

I wrote recently about the need to come up with some Limericks
appropriate for the library and National Library Week. We are planning
on having Poetry all the month of April and wanted to do limericks the
week before April vacation/National Library Week to get kids'
participation in answering the riddles within. Our prizes are books that
have been donated to the collection and haven't been used.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to send us input...if anyone else
out there gets inspired to write more, please send them along:-)

Enjoy!

If perchance you seek good information
'Bout a topic of some obscure nation
Then you'd best take a look
In a reference book
Or use 900s in your Circulation

So much on the 'Net is just hooey
And folks creating it might have a loose screw-y
So when the facts need a'knowing
The best place for going
Is right to your library and ... Dewey

There once was a lady so merry
Who loved books from fiction to fairy
She read every one
Until she was done
And returned them all to the library

Said a certain young student from Stow:
"When in doubt, to the 'Net I will go!"
He forsook all the books,
finally crying "Gadzooks!
I can't find what I need to know!"

A happy young lady named Mary
wanted all of the books she could carry.
"Books and info I'll get,
and some time on the 'Net...
And it's all for free at the Library!"

--