Author Karen M. Beil visited our school this past week.  She spent the
entire day with us doing presentations for the different grade levels with
computer slide shows, lots of visuals, reading a draft of her latest book,
dramatic reader's theater with the little "guys" and a question & answer
time.  With the older students (grades 2-5) she talked about her wildfire
book and showed the students a fire shelter and let several try it out.
She talked about the difference in writing fiction and non-fiction.  With
a smaller school, she will go into the classrooms to work on writing.  She
autographed books we sold during a pre-sale and went to the local
bookstore we ordered from and signed the books that they had!  I would
highly recommend her for any elementary school!
 You can visit her site at:
http://www.karenbeil.com/

Maureen Mooney, LMS
Caroline Street School