I am attempting to copy and past text (cell content) from one Excel spreadsheet to
another.  Spreadsheet #1 is five columns wide by 22 rows long.   Spreadsheet #2,
the destination spreadsheet, is five columns wide by 6 rows long.

So, I have spreadsheet one and I click and drag the mouse to highlite five cells in
a given column.  Then, I hit copy.  The highlighted cells begin to shimmy.

Then, I go to spreadsheet #2 and attempt to click and drag to highlite five cells
so I can past the cell content from spreadsheet one into #2.

EVERY ANNOYING TIME I go to highlight the cells on the second (destination)
spreadsheet (the cell height on #2 is larger than on spreadsheet #1), I can only
"see" three cells, and when I drag down to get the last two cells, the sheet jumps
all the down to row 379 or something.

Then, I have to slowly "undrag" to get it back to row #6.  Sometimes, it zooms too
fast, so I'm back to only seeing rows 1,2, & 3 again, meaning I have to do it
again, zooming all the way back down to row 847 or something.

If you're only USING 5 columns and 6 rows, is it at all possible to get rid of all
subsequent rows and columns so only the cells you need are on the dang spreadsheet?

This should be a three minute job for each destination spreadsheet, and it's taking
about ten minutes for each.

Dawn M. Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library