I work in a 750 child intermediate school. We serve grade 3, 4, and 5
(8-10 years olds) with 250 children per grade level divided into 11
classes. Currently we have one wing for each grade level. We are
considering restructuring the school to 3 houses.  Each house would
consist of 3-5th grade students.  We do not have any money to hire
additional staff. The idea behind the switch is to make the school
seem smaller for the individual student.

Do you know of any evidence (anecdotal or empirical) that relates
school layout to school performance?

Does your elementary school have a design other than the traditional
division by grades?  Id love to get your feedback about how it
changes the school, the library and even the student.

Thanks in advance

Mindy Holland
Librarian
Pinewood Intermediate School