Hi, all,

Since my own ballot has not yet been submitted, I
received a message reminding me to vote from ALA just
recently. I have a feeling that the early Easter and
staggered Spring Breaks (I just returned from mine)
has had an impact on our voting, but we are behind
last year's returns at this time and the youth/school
vote was the lowest then. Take a look at the latest
stats Terri Kirk sent through today. YIKES!!

Please take the time to finish up your ballot and
submit it before the April 22nd deadline. It's very
important that we do in order to have better
representation on the national level.  And it's not
showing favoritism to vote for school people first!

Some school/youth people to consider for ALA Council:

        Eugene Hainer
        Barbara K. Stripling
        Drucilla (Drucie Raines) Gullion
        Erlene Bishop Killeen
        Ann Carlson Weeks
        Dee Gwaltney
        David Loertscher
        Sylvia Norton
        Dennis J. Leloup
        Toni Negro
        Clara L. Sitter
        Eva Efron
        Nick Buron                                              Lisa Von Drasek
        Kathy East                                              Randall Enos
        Vivian R. Wynn                                          CD McLean
        Margaret L. Kirkpatrick                                 Melanie Huggins
        Toni Bernardi                                           Kathy Lehman
        Mary Berry
        Lorraine Smith
        Bonnie Kunzel
        Mary Biblo
        Barbara Cole
        Diane G. Person
        Brenda Pruitt-Annisette
        Margie Thomas

If you're a YALSA member, Terry Young is running for
the Margaret Edwards Committee and a former YALSA
Board and nomination/LM_NET member recommends the
following YALSA people For Council:

Steven Crowley, Monique le Conge, Bonnie Kunzel, Audra
Caplan, Theresa Tobin, Kathleen Bethel, Carolyn
Garnes, Brenda Pruitt, Barbara Silverman.

Also recommended by an LM_NET member for Council was
Bill Ptacek.

Other people I recommend for Council who were notable
Councilors are:

Jan Sanders
M.A. (Peg) Oettinger                                    Peter McDonald
Julie A. Cummins                                        Monika Antonelli
Khafre K. Abif                                          Mary Long

Mable W. Robertson                                      Ling Hwey Jeng
Barbara Genco

Hope this gives you a headstart on getting that ballot
in.

Best, Sara Johns

Lake Placid Middle/Senior HS LMC
34 School Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
518-523-2474, ext. 4132
FAX: 518-523-4861
johns@northnet.org
SaraKJohns@aol.com

"Information is the currency of democracy." -- Thomas Jefferson