Hi there,

I would not recommend using that novel for fourth graders at all. I found the
subject matter, and excellent descriptive writing of rather disturbing scenes too
much for my Grade 6s and 7s.

As for VAMPIRE movies, try some of the older ones with Bela Lugosi. At least they
don't overwhelm you with blood and guts.

Lorne Freedman

Seaview Elementary

LAntzville, BC, Canada

<Libby4G@AOL.COM>
Subject: Cirque du Freak/Vampire Movie

Hello!

I just read Cirque du Freak and I am going to use it for a special fourth
grade afterschool program on Friday, May 13.

Has anyone used this book with fourth or fifth graders?
Does anyone know any good vampire movies for fourth graders?

Elizabeth O'Brien
School Librarian
P.S. 84
Astoria, NY 11105