Thank you all who responded!!!!

Hi- I use an Excel template. I include all of the
required elements. I print them out and keep in a
binder. each week I just update the lesson plan.-
Debbie Bergen
Because I teach an entire Pre-K to 8 building and we
have a 6 day rotation schedule, I use a form I made up
on the computer.  I use a binder that to keep each
plan with a copy of any sheets/ book lists needed for
that rotation

Of course pre-computer days I used a plan book but
switched over to
doing it
on the computer.  That made it easy to e-mail to the
principal each
week but
even better made it easy to make notes on it and make
changes for the
next
year.
We submit our lesson plans weeky and put them on a
disk and have to turn them all in at the end of the
year.

There is also a good online template at Discovery
School and they let you store the plans under your
Custom Classroom.
_______________________________________
I don't know if this will help, but our district has a
lesson plan
format that all teachers are expected to use (called
EEEI). The
district
has a template on the website that I have saved and
use to write up my
lessons.

Nina Jackson
Library Media Teacher
National Board Certified
Franklin Middle School (6-8 grade)
Long Beach, CA
njackson@lbusd.k12.ca.us

http://www.lbusd.k12.ca.us/franklin/library
I was required to write my lesson plans in out in
detail.  Since this
was a page or more I wrote them on the computer then
printed them out.
In my lesson plan book I would just put the subject
and materials
needed.
The format I used started with the grade, subject,
teacher and time,
Information Literacy standard (written out), VA
standards of Learning
(written out). followed by the details of the lesson
from introduction
to conclusion.
My supervisor wanted every last detail written out.
Although this can
take a lot of time and I felt it was to detailed for
my experience, it
is a good thing to do when you are just starting out.
I have used a lesson plan book, but now have created
my own weekly
form.  At the top it says Library  and Dates.  I write
in the week (ex.
Sept 5-9).  Below that is a table, 2 columns and 4
rows filling the
whole
page.  I have a heading in each cell, Early Childhood,
4 yr. Kinder,
Kindergarten, Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Gr. 4, Gr.5..  I
make photocopies of
this page, double sided, and 3 hole punch them and
keep them in a 3
ring binder.  Inside the front cover of the binder I
have a copy of my
schedule,
and inside the back or punched and inserted is a copy
of the yearly
school
calendar.  I also add in the list of themes for early
childhood and
other pertinent info.  At the beginning of the year.
I add in all the dates,
week by week.  Then I block out and note days off
(Thanksgiving,
inservice days etc).  I also add certain things such
as book fair, date that state children's book choice
votes need to be submitted etc.  From those dates I
can figure when I need to start certain events such as
reading the book choice award nominees, showing the
book fair video etc.  I either pencil those in, or add
a sticky note on the appropriate week page. During the
year I add comments to my lesson plans so I can use
them as a basis for the next year---things such as
"Gr. 1 has already heard this story--part of their new
reading series" or "2 stories are too long--use just 1
and create a short activity to go with it"  or
"Coloring pages are in file cabinet in authors drawer"
 or "Bring pretzels for treat to go with 'Walter the
Baker'
".  I'll either use bright colored sticky notes for
these, or circle
them with a highlighter.
________________________________
There are two lesson plan formats in Microsoft Word
for Educators. I like the more detailed one but check
those out.
_______________________________
Goal: 1 goal
Objectives:  no more than 3
Materials: put in everything including pencils
State Standards:  Principal request
Prcedures:  be specific

Keep them simple and easy to use.

Good luck,  being a librarian is so much fun.
__________________________________
After eight years in the library, I write my
objectives on the monthly library schedule.  In my
office I do have a three ring binder with daily lesson
plans that I use year after year.  These lesson plans
are changed and updated with new projects and ideas
all the time, especially in the summer.  They are not
written over every year.

Mari Ferguson, K-8 Librarian
Theodore Jamerson Elementary
Bismarck, ND