Hello!

I have taught at the middle school level but will be new to middle school
this year as a librarian, moving up from elementary.  I will not have an
aide and for the first time, I will not have a fixed schedule (no schedule
at all except what I create).
I have 3 requests:

1) I would like to find out about any types of programming that you have
been successful with for middle-schoolers (6-8).  My goal is to increase
the use of the library by students and teachers, and get students reading
more.   My ideas include having a book club and tying in with a potential
student video newscast on the school network.
2) I would like ideas for collaborating with teachers at the middle school
level, particularly those other than Language Arts.  What types of
activities or support have been successful in bringing classes to the
library?
3) What methods of P.R. have worked well for you to let parents know about
library activities and to solicit their support and/or volunteering.

ANY advice or ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Fred Jahns, Librarian
Vine Middle