Nancy, the following is a list of short story collections that have made the
Tayshas list for the last 10 years.  The Tayshas list is prepared by Texas
librarians for Texas high school students for their reading pleasure.  Each title
on this list is a wonderful collection of stories that your students will really
enjoy.

1. The color of absence: 12 stories about loss and hope. Edited by James Howe. c2001
2. Face relations: 11 stories about seeing beyond color. Edited by Marilyn Singer.
c2004
3. I believe in water: 12 sbrushes with religion. Edited by Marilyn Singer. c2000
4. Uncovered!: weird, weird stories by Paul Jennings. c1996
5. Join in: multiethnic short stories by outstanding writers for young adults.
Edited by Donald Gallo. c1996.
6. Leaving homes: stories. Edited by Rochman and McCampbell. c1997
7. Love & sex: 10 stories of truth. Edited by Michael Cart. c2001
8. The lifeguard by Mary Morris. c1998
9. No easy answers: short stoies about teenagers making tough choices. Edited by
Donald Gallo. c1997
10. One hot second: stories about desire. Edited by Cathy Young. c2002
11. On the edge: stories at the brink. Edited by Lois Duncan. c2000
12. Local news by Gary Soto. c1994
13. Soul searching: 13 stories about faith and belief. Edited by Lisa Rowe
Faustino. c2002
14. Time capsule: short stories about teenagers throughout the twentieth century.
Edited by Donald Gallo. c1999
15. The year's 25 finest crime & mystery stories. Edited by Hess, Gorman, and
Greenberg. c1997
16. Places I never meant to be: original stories by censored writers. Edited by
Judy Blume. c1999
17. Twelve shots: outstanding short stories about guns. Edited by Harry Mazer. c1997
18. Destination unexpected: short stories. Edited by Donald Gallo. c2003
19. Talk to me: stories and novella by Carol Dines. c1999
20. Who am I without him?: short stoires abut gilrs and the boys in their lives by
Sharon Flake. c2004
21. Truly grim tales by Priscilla Galloway. c1995
22. 145th street: short stories by Walter Dean Myers. c2000
23. Out of bounds: 7 stories of conflict and hope by Beverley Naidoo. c2003
24. Necessary noise: stories about our families as they really are. Edited by
Michael Cart. c2003
25. Finding our way: stories by Rene Saldana. c2003
26. Shelf life: stories by the book. Edited by Gary Paulsen. c2003
27. Doing time: notes from the undergrad by Rob Thomas. c1997