My Passion as a HS Librarian is to provide resources that enable the
students and teachers to be successful in all homework, class assignments
and term paper assignments. To achieve this goal I provide instruction of
Website Evaluation and very specific online database search instruction. I
believe there is a balance between the two. Sometimes you can find something
easily on a website. If the student is sure it is accurate, timely,
unbiased, etc., then it is fine to use. There are other times when an online
database will meet exactly what the student needs. If we have the online
databases in our library, then we, the librarians, had better be able to
teach the students and teachers how to use them. I do teacher orientation
for ours and also ninth grade orientation. Because I have a passion for
online databases, I have convinced my School Board, teachers and students
how valuable they are. When our students enter college, they must be
prepared and trained to use whatever online database is available to them.
Professors demand their use daily.  So learn how to use them and train your
staff and students.

Gail Borio

Christian Academy of Knoxville HS Library

600 Academy Way

Knoxville, TN 37923

865-690-4721 X124

gaborio@esper.com