I certainly hate to see this project go...because it came at a very important time
in my professional life (during my MLIS program) and has been a constant source of
enjoyment (as I browsed my shelves searching for the perfect book to toss...again,
and again, and again---I swear I've found the same tired, worn, outdated books in
at least four libraries since the project started!)

I know that without this project there WILL be "newbies" out there who will NOT
know what to do with collections that they "discover" once they arrive at their new
libraries upon graduation and, I guess, I challenge another group of individuals to
take on this project and provide the same types of information to us through a
program like SUNLINK.  (Perhaps I'm dreaming, hoping, and praying, but I feel that
this IS a project that must not be shelved...pardon the pun.)

Until those individuals arrive to re-create SUNLINK's success, we here on LM_NET
will help those who need to find reasons to weed their collections and support them
in this endeavor.....my hope is that someone will be inspired to continue this type
of program and provide it to the thousands of librarians who are still learning the
deselection skills needed within our profession...

Thanks, Donna and the SUNLINK crew, for all your efforts!  You ARE inspiring and
you HAVE helped to create better libraries for all of us!

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School