And on the other side:
A false Wikipedia 'biography'
By John Seigenthaler
<http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-11-29-wikipedia-edit_x.htm>

A fabricated, libelous biography with no sources, no attribution, of a
historically significant figure was on the site for four months. And
since Answers.com and Reference.com both use wikipedia as a source,
users of any one of the three would get the same ‘biographical information’.

Interesting to note: in the Wikipedia article in question
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Seigenthaler_Sr.>, there is now a
brief discussion of the vandalism of the biography. They don't mention
how it got removed, or answer much of the criticism from the article.

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: www.beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net

It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.  -Eugene Ionesco