I have a patron looking for the following book.  Any help would be welcome!

I am looking for a book that my older sister had when she was little (
in the 80's). She doesn't remember the author's name or title; just that
it was a hardcover children's book, probably for ages 4-10, about an
inch thick. The book had a light pink cover with characters from all of
the stories inside the book. Some of the stories were rhyming. There
were stories about a ball that went over a fence into a field of other
balls, a lion that gave up all of his mane to help some birds build a
nest and then they helped make him a new mane when they took his hair, a
story about a boy who gets a turtle and a bunch of other short stories.
I want to get her this book for Christmas but don't know how to find it
without the author's name or book title. Do you have any idea of the
book I'm talking about or how I can find it without the title or
author's name.

Judy Crook, Librarian
Contract part-time reference librarian
Rifle, Colorado