This is a real good one that was posted back in 1995 (in LM_NET's infancy):

Today, while volunteering at the Ref. Desk at my local public library,
a very serious young man (maybe 8 years old) asked me to help him find
information about the "Dead Sea Squirrels."  (I kid you not)  He is
attending the local Bible Camp, and this is his extra-credit assignment.
If he provides a complete -- and interesting report -- he is eligible
for a trip to Great Adventure!   Personally, I think just the statement
of the topic should win him the prize, but I did help him find what
he needed about the Scrolls, after we clarified the topic a bit.
After he'd done some reading on the subject, he came back to me
and said, perfectly seriously, "I guess my teacher meant books, not
animals, from old Jerusalem, huh?  Too bad.  I mean, I really like
squirrels, you know?"

I did manage to keep a straight face during most of this interaction...
but it wasn't easy.

Does this rank up there with the kid who wanted info on the
"Vampire State Building"?

Johanna
--
Johanna Halbeisen, Library Media Teacher
Woodland Elementary School (K-4)