From: Kimberly Brosan <kbrosan@WASD.ORG>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [LM_NET] GEN: Michigan to require online course as grad requirement
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:52:52 -0500

Michigan Considers Requiring High-School Students to Take at Least One
Online Course

http://chronicle.com/free/2005/12/2005121301t.htm

The Michigan State Board of Education is set to approve a new graduation
requirement today that would make every high-school student in the state
take at least one online course before receiving a diploma.

The new requirement would appear to be the first of its kind in the nation.
Mike Flanagan, the Michigan state superintendent of public instruction, said
he proposed the online-course requirement, along with other general
requirements, to make sure students were prepared for college and for jobs,
which are becoming more technology-focused.

Kimberly A. Brosan, Librarian
Andrew G. Curtin Middle School
Williamsport, PA 17701
mailto:kbrosan@wasd.org

Ancora Imparo ~ Michelangelo "I am still learning."