      Hi-

  I received one response from someone who subscribes to the EasyBib4School and
several responses with questions.  EasyBib provides MLA citation for free, but I
have teachers in the social sciences who want their students to use APA.  Some
referred me to citationmachine.net because it provides both MLA and APA for free.
However, I have used both programs and find EasyBib to recognize more types of
sources and is much more user friendly.

  Thanks to all who responded.  Below is the response from the person who
subscribes.

"I subscribed to the Bib4School/EasyBib service about a month ago, and currently
about 140 of our 400 students have created accounts. The older kids, who have had
to type works cited lists for years, think it is great. The younger kids have a bit
more trouble because they are not familiar with the various types of information
asked for in the bibliography format. The teachers were both impressed and excited
when I demonstrated it at our last inservice.

The only drawback I can see is that after students create their accounts, the next
screen displays both their user id and their password for all the world to see.
Even when they move on to the next page, a pop-up box comes on screen to 'remind'
them of their id's and passwords. Quite annoying -- I have to keep warning kids to
cover their screens if they don't want someone to see their passwords.

One thing I really like is that a group of kids working on one project can create
an account for that project and work on it together, each submitting source
information for their part of the project. After the project is completed, I can
delete the account if I wish.

As a former English teacher, I was a bit uncomfortable with this automated process
at first, but I was also taking graduate classes at the time, and found that this
type of software was supplied to us by the university for free. If this is the type
of software the kids will be using in college, I feel good about giving them a
headstart here."

http://mail.yahoo.com