Hello, everybody:

I've been following this thread with interest, as it's long been a pet
peeve of mine, but I know better than to think that a thought-out
written policy would be issued by our district under the current
administration.  I just keep your comments and resources in mind in case
I'm asked for my thoughts on the matter, and make sure my own videos are
tied to the lesson.  We have one staff member who we can predict will
come looking for something a day or two before report cards go home, as
she works on hers until the very last minute.

My daughter (6th Grade) came home yesterday and said they are watching
Polar Express today in Science class, of all places, (although I suppose
you could tie it into a polar unit).  It's obvious to me that it's a
time-filler, and she is less than enthusiastic since she found it boring
the first time she saw it in the theatre, but then she announced,  "And
it's even worse, because afterwards we have to write (the bane of her
existence) something comparing and contrasting the book and the movie!"
To her , it's some form of torture, to me it's an obvious attempt to
avoid copyright problems!

Kathy Ofsharick, Librarian

Blue Ridge Elementary

New Milford, PA