Well, I'm =in= law school at the moment, and I can say what you report
below is NOT standard law school practice. Every single document we get
has complete copyright attribution on it (if it is reproduced under fair
use) and has permission notations if it doesn't fall under fair use.
Then again, I make it a habit to pay attention to those sorts of
things.

Our professors all once practiced law, or still do, and they
litigate(d) those types of cases. I don't think they are going to do
anything that they might have to (literally) defend!

Carol Simpson, Ed.D.
Assoc. Professor - School of Library & Information Sciences
University of North Texas
PO Box 311068
205 Chestnut, ISB #205
Denton, TX 76203
940-565-3776 (voice)
940-565-3101 (fax)
carol_simpson@unt.edu

>>> Maggie McFarlane <mcfarlane@STAFF.EDNET.NS.CA> 12/21/2005 12:47 PM

library and hearing the tales from my partner who works at a Law School
library,
I would say that copyright law is broken on a daily basis by
professors,
students and administrators.