We were scheduled to return to school January 2nd, but the State Attorney
issued an opinion just this last Wednesday that it was unlawful to do so.
Since New Year's Day falls on a Sunday and it is a federal holiday, North
Dakota state law says that schools can not be in session on the following
Monday (January 2nd).
We have already used up our 2 built in snow days so we do not know how we
will make up this day.

Susan Kempel, MLS
Teacher Librarian
Lewis and Clark Elementary