Thanks, to the many who replied and helped identified the Christmas song I
had heard.  Meg in South Carolina sent the following message that had the link
to the correct version.  The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has at least two
versions.  The one I was looking for is on the album "The Christmas Attic," while
they
also have another version call "Christmas Canon Rock" on another album.  The
rock version has more of a "rock" beat and has adults singing.  If you want to
hear it, go to the link attached to Meg's note.

The song you are searching for is called The Christmas Canon by the
Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  You can find it on The Christmas Attic CD.  Here is a
link
to the video and their web site..

http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia/video.shtml

Also, several also sent the lyrics sang:

THIS NIGHT
WE PRAY
OUR LIVES WILL SHOW
THIS DREAM HE HAD
EACH CHILD
STILL KNOWS
WE ARE WAITING
WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN
ON THIS NIGHT
ON THIS NIGHT
ON THIS NIGHT
ON THIS VERY CHRISTMAS NIGHT

Best wishes to you all and a Very Merry Christmas!

Tony Pope
Librarian
McHenry Primary School
100 McHenry Dr.