Lisa,
I have a large audio book collection, that is used quite a bit. I have both
cassettes and CDs, and have purchased Walkman type players of both types for the
kids to check out. I worried at first about damage, but have had none. Actually,
many of my kids, especially at the Middel school, prefer the cassettes, because
when you stop them, they stay right there. I also worried about missing tapes - one
gone from a 12 tape set. But some of the vendors have a free replacement policy,
and others will replace just the one tape for a nominal fee. I'm quite pleased with
the collection.

Teri

"Mcculloch, Lisa - Librarian" <Lisa_McCulloch@BIRDVILLE.K12.TX.US> wrote:
We have an opportunity to purchase some used audio books at a great discount. There
is more available in tape sets than CDs.

My question(s):
* If you have audio books, are they used very much?
* Will the kids check out tapes or should I only purchase CDs?

Thanks!

Lisa McCulloch, Librarian
Richland High School
North Richland Hills, TX
Lisa_McCulloch@birdville.k12.tx.us

Where students become effective users of ideas and information.

In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.

Teri Padua / Media Director
Northwestern Regional MS/HS
Winsted, CT 06098
tapadua@yahoo.com