You all are so AWESOME!  Thank you all so much for sending tons of book
ideas.  I am sure that the teacher will be thrilled!

Sincerely,
Patricia Hamilton

HIT:
Andrew Clements' Frindle is a hoot as most of his books are and they are
a fourth grade favorite around my school. The Time Warp Trio books are
appealing to some. The Chet Gecko mysteries has a brand of humor and
word play that some find amusing. Polly Horvath's newest is supposed to
be laugh-out-loud funny but a fifth-grader took it out before I had a
chance to get to it, Mr. Pepin something-or-other.

"All About Sam" by Lois Lowry

"A Long Way from Chicago," by Richard Peck

The secret of platform 13 or the Trolls by polly horvath

The Elevator Family!

Wayside School stories by Louis Sachar

This island isn't big enough for the four of us

Lil Wolf's Book of Badness

How to Eat Fried Worms

Any Time Warp Trio Books- Debbie Bergen

John Erickson's Hank the Cowdog series

The Great Brain by Fitzpatrick

war with grandpa (Robert Kimmel Smith) and Skinnybones (Barbara
Park)

How about The Kid in the Red Jacket,  or Operation Dump the Chump by
Barbara Park, or Frindle by Andrew Clements

Attaboy, Sam! by Lois Lowry
The Girls against the Boys series by Naylor
Skinnybones by Park

Best School Year Ever

They're Torturing Teachers in Room
104" by Jerry Piasecki

Gordon Korman, particularly his earlier books like
I Want to Go Home or Zucchini Warriors.  Kate Klise

The Secrets of Ms SNickles Class by Horvath

Johanna Hurwitz books
Todd Strasser books
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor books

The Word Eater by Mary Amato

Daniel Pinkwater books, like the Hoboken Chicken Emergency, etc, How to
Be a perfect person in just 3 days, by Stephen Manes

The Secrets of Ms Snickles Class
How to Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days

Henry Winkler books to my fourth graders, and they've loved them.  Hank
Zipzer is now a series, and of course, I can't think of any titles past
the first one: Niagara Falls, or Does It?

Patricia Hamilton
Ritchie Elementary
New Baltimore, VA
phamilton@fcps1.org