HI All,

I have a friend who is trying to remember the name of a book she read as a
YA - but doens't remember much.  Here is the scenario:

It's a young adult book, about a girl who goes on a family vacation to a
tropical island (I think a fictional Caribbean island). While they are
there, there is a revolution.

The girl is a redhead with very fair skin. Her mother is, too, and this
bothers the girl because everyone says she's just like her mother, and she
hates that. I think her family is British. She has a younger brother and
sister who were adopted, and they are Black. I think I remember a biological
brother as well.

There's a part where she climbs a mountain with her father, and she sees
butterflies that are the exact shade of blue as faded jeans

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

~~~
Michelle Marino, SAHM/former School Librarian
michellejpinto@Hotmail.com