We’re Looking for a Few Great Teachers.

Do You Know One?

The North Star Academy Charter School of Newark, one of America’s most
celebrated public schools, seeks to fill teaching vacancies for the
2005-2006 school year. Due to high demand, our school is expanding next
year.

North Star’s first graduating class achieved 100% college enrollment in
2004. Average standardized test scores for North Star students far
exceed the Newark average, and in most cases, the statewide average as
well. Students are admitted to North Star by lottery and we have a
waiting list of over 1400. Our school presently enrolls approximately
300 students in grades 5-12.

Students and teachers at North Star work hard. The school year consists
of 11 months and the school day is extended. Teachers work
collaboratively and possess an exceptionally strong commitment to
high-level achievement for all students.

Do you know any outstanding teachers who might be interested in joining
our faculty? If you do, please ask them to contact us.

We seek great teachers in these areas

for middle and/or high school

Science

Mathematics

English

History

Spanish

Special Education Inclusion

Music/Arts/Drama

School Nurse

Dean of Students

Speech Pathology (P/T)

For additional information, visit the North Star website
www.northstaracademy.org

To apply for a teaching position, please send email only

Send letter of application and resume as Word attachments. The subject
bar of your email must be in this format: last name, first name –
teacher (i.e. King, Tasha – teacher).

For answers to questions, or to apply, contact:

James Lerman, Recruiter jameslerman@northstaracademy.org

973-642-0101 x 199

Please Note: We also seek teachers for our 2 sister charter schools in
Brooklyn, NY: Excellence Charter School and Brooklyn Collegiate Charter
School. The grade levels we want to fill are K-2 and Grade 5 (only).