This makes me ask myself why I did not come to you all earlier. I have a
large group of students doing a long study combining looking at accepted
evolutionary theory a la Darwin, intelligent design, Inherit the Wind and
social Darwinism. It is a coordinated unit done in English, Social Studies
and Science at the 9th grade level, though many of the students are IB. I am
excited to help them as they are trying something new for them - the
integration- and this is something I want to support.

I am looking for material on intelligent design in book form or website. I
can find plenty that are obviously linked to religious publishers, but I
want to be sure the rationale and support that may exist in scientific areas
is well presented. I do not want to get into religious underpinnings except
along the lines of presenting the argument dispassionately. Religion of
course informs people's beliefs but if there is any scientific reason to
accept this theory, I need it well presented for a secular audience. I don't
know if I am being clear, but my science teacher tells me there is no
scientific basis that he is aware of, thus no credible scientific writer has
presented the case. Can you help? I want the kids to be able to examine all
points of view.

Rebecca Endlich
Librarian
Edmonds-Woodway High School