LM_Net  Question

I am a graduate student doing my internship in an elementary school media
center. I  wrote up a lesson to teach the students how to use the school's
library catalog. I tried this lesson out with a third grade class. They
made lists of books they wanted to find, authors they knew (if they knew
any) and some subjects they wanted to check out on the library catalog. We
went to the computer lab (not part of the library, in a room next door)
and using the Smart Board, I showed the class how to get to the library
catalog. We did some practice searching for titles, authors and subjects.
The students then went to their computers and logged on to do some
practice on their own. To all of our disappointment, the students were not
able to log on to the library catalog in the computer lab. Everyone came
up with the error message "Cannot access". I had no trouble logging on the
computer connected to the Smart board. The library uses Follett
Circulation Plus/Catalog Plus version 4.23 multi-user. The computers are
Dell Computers running Windows XP Professional.  I had some students go
into the library and see if they could log on and they were able to. We
only have two computers in the library itself, so doing this lesson in
there as a class will not work. Is there a limit to the number of students
who can access this application at one time? Is there a way to make it
possible for the students to access the catalog in the computer lab?  I
would like the students to be able to have access to the library catalog
in the lab as well as from the few computers in their classrooms. Any
suggestions or help is appreciated!

Jeri Betar
graduate student
Indiana University