In reading the comin Tank McNamara I learned that Sports Illustrated was
offering a deal where you could opt out of receiving the annual swim suit
issue, and that SI would then extend your subscription by one issue to
compensate. An 800 number was listed; 866-228-1175

Being in Germany the 800 number is a problem so I went to the Sports
Illustrated website and found a link to customer service. There you can
sign in with your SI account number and zip code. www.sicustomerservice.com
  I then sent them a message requesting that the swimsuit issue not be sent
to our school. I received a very nice email replay stating that they had
done as I requested, will not send the issue and will extend my
subscription.

Some may feel this is censorship, but I feel that I used my school
selection policy in selecting appropriate materials. I won't have to hid
the issue, or deface the issue, or tear out pages. Any articles in the
issue are still available via our online database.

I can't help thinking that perhaps SI made this policy in part from
feedback.

Just thought I would share.

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School