Lewis and Clark Expedition

Encarta:
http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569929/Lewis_and_Clark_Expedition.htm

National Park Service:
http://www.nps.gov/lecl/

The Journals of Lewis and Clark:
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/JOURNALS/journals.html

PBS Lewis & Clark:  The Journey of the Corps of Discovery (A Film by Ken
Burns)
http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/

National Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Commemoration
http://www.lewisandclark200.org/index_nf.php?cID
Expedition Map:
http://staff.washington.edu/~muzi/LC/LCmap.html

Discovering Lewis & Clark:
http://www.lewis-clark.org/

National Geographic Lewis & Clark Online Base Camp:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lewisclark/index.html

The Discovery Channel:  The Search for Lewis and Clark:
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/lewisandclark/lewisandclark.html
(Airs January 19th at 10:00 PM)

Lewis & Clark Trail Heritage Foundation, Inc.:
http://www.lewisandclark.org/

Time Magazine:  The Ultimate Adventure-Lewis & Clark:
http://www.time.com/time/2002/lewis_clark/

The Library of Congress:  Rivers, Edens, Empires-Lewis & Clark and the
Revealing of America:
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/lewisandclark/lewisandclark.html

Forgotten Chapter of Lewis & Clark:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/end02.shtml

Sacajawea:  Guide to the Guides:
http://whyy.org/education/rtl/Sacajawea.html

We have two Web sites with links on Lewis and Clark:

http://www.ecb.org/surf/west.htm

http://www.ecb.org/tracks/mod10.htm

We just finished a unit on Lewis and Clark in 4th and 5th grades. These
are some of the best links we used in the lab to support the class studies.

Information/Time Travel relating to Lewis and Clark Commemorative nickels
http://www.usmint.gov/kids/index.cfm?fileContents=coinNews/newNickel.cfm

Interactive journey/game. The 4th and 5th graders loved this.
http://www.usmint.gov/kids/index.cfm?fileContents=games (The Lewis and
Clark Game is in the lower right hand corner)

Interactive "Journey" - be sure to click on all the "did you know"
and "journal" buttons to get the extras.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/features/97/west/

Cyberhunt - very educational, not too difficult.
http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/instructor/lewisandclark.htm

National Park Service - Junior Web Ranger Scavenger Hunt - more difficult
than the Scholastic Scavenger Hunt.
http://www.nps.gov/lecl/Education/JrWebRanger/Jr.htm

Be sure to include this link from The Falls of the Ohio State Park.

That is an underscore between "lewis_clark" in the address.

www.fallsoftheohio.org/lewis_clark.html

VIDEO:

Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West. (2002). National
Geographic. [This is an exellent video on their trek
west to the Pacific
Ocean].

BOOKS:

Bursell, Susan. The Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Capstone Press: Mankato, Min.
www.capstone-press.com ISBN: 0-7368-1099-4. [We have
the 2002 version].

Lacy, Dan Mabry. The Lewis and Clark Expedition,
1804-06. Franklin Watts: New York. ISBN:
0-531-01048-1. [We have a 1974 edition, but I assume
ther is a more recent version].

Snyder, Gerald S. In the Footsteps of Lewis and
Clark. National Geographic Society.         SBN:
87044-087. [We have the 1970 version].

Herbert, Janis. Lewis and Clark for Kids: Their
Journey of Discovery with 21 Activities. Chicago
Reviw Press: Chicago. ISBN: 1-55652-374-2. [We have
the 2000 version].

McGrath, Patrick. The Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Silver Burdett Company: Morristown, NJ. ISBN:
0-382-06828-9. [We have the 1985 version].

Hope this helps! The librarian here even went on the
Lewis & Clark Trail trip which started in St. Louis.
She went 3 years ago and loved it.

There are three fiction books by Jane Kirkpatrick (in her Women of the
West series) that would be good additions for the older kids - one of the
titles is A Fixed Thread - I can't remember the other two offhand. They
really bring the time period to life.