We've had David Adler TWICE, first about 8 yrs ago, and then again
about 3-4 yrs ago (so no student saw him both times) . He presented to
your 2nd-5th graders, and they loved it. Teachers loved the fact that
he had been a MS teacher and thus knew how to keep the kids' attention.
  He is a dynamic presenter.  We saved a bit on his fee since  , I
believe he lives on Long Island, NY (so no airfare, or hotel) .

On Feb 27, 2005, at 1:39 AM, Yapha Mason wrote:

> David Adler came to speak at my school last week when he was in the
> area, and he was great! He did two presentations
> -- K-2 & 3-6. The kids were engaged, and the teachers loved his
> thoughts about the writing process. His best line was
> about why he became a writer instead of a math teacher. He didn't like
> that there was only one right answer in math.
> In writing, there is no wrong answer -- "that's why they call it
> right-ing!"  I would definitely recommend him to
> other schools.
>
> Yapha Nussbaum Mason
Suzanne Ng, Librarian
South Mountain Elem. School