Hi folks,

I've only gotten through the first couple of chapters of this, but so far it
is very good in describing the learning styles and preferences of the
"Millennials." The authors have synthesized a good deal of research done by
Pew and others. While the book is written for a post-secondary teaching
audience, it's valuable for us as well.

I was pleased to see that our current students value face-to-face
interactions and flesh and blood teachers!

All the best.

Doug

Doug Johnson
Director of Media and Technology
Mankato Area Public Schools
Box 8713, 1351 S Riverfront Dr.
Mankato MN 56001-8714
507-387-7698 x 473
djohns1@isd77.k12.mn.us
www.isd77.k12.mn.us

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away." -- George Carlin

EDUCAUSE PUBLISHES FIRST WEB-ONLY BOOK EDUCAUSE has published its first
Web-only book, "Educating the Net Generation," edited by Diana Oblinger,
vice president of EDUCAUSE and director of the National Learning
Infrastructure Initiative, and James Oblinger, chancellor of North Carolina
State University. The e-book is available in PDF and HTML formats, with
Web-only resources (further reading, video, podcasts, and useful links)
listed on its home page. A file of the complete book is available for
download and printing. EDUCAUSE, 25 February 2005

http://www.educause.edu/books/educatingthenetgen/5989