I was asked to post a HIT for the list wordless picture books. This is a
compiled, rough list. I tried not to enter the repeated titles. It was
also brought to my attention that there are two previously posted HITS
in the archives.  I also found the collection development component on
Titlewave helpful too. Thanks again for your help.
Theresa Bonk-SLMS
Grant Elementary
Grant, MI

Wordless Picture Books

Rain_ by Peter Spier is a delightful book, with no words.

It is a Reading Rainbow book and is recommended in _The Read-Aloud

Handbook_

<> Sector 7  (ISBN 0-395-74656-6) "While on a school field trip to the

Empire State Building, a boy is taken by a friendly cloud to visit

Sector 7, where he discovers how clouds are shaped and channeled

throughout the country." Caldecott Honor book (no words)

Free Fall (ISBN 0329157701) "When he falls asleep with a book in his

arms, a young boy dreams an amazing dream - about dragons, about

castles, and about an unchartered [sic], faraway land. And you can come

along." Caldecott Honor book (no words)

Tuesday (ISBN 0395551137) "Frogs rise on their lily pads, float through

the air, and explore nearby houses while their inhabitants sleep."

Caldecott Medal ! (the only words are the time of night or day on 4

pages)

John Goodall has several

"Carl" books by Day.. Carl Goes Shopping, Carl Goes to Daycare for instance.

Pat Hemingray

  <>. How about The Bear and the fly by Winter,  Oh! by Goffin, Deep in
the forest by Turkle, The Silver Pony by Ward, Elephant Buttons by
Noriko, Time Flies by Rohmann The Christmas Gif' and Picnic by McCully?  <>

The Window
The Red Book
Zoom
Rezoom

 The Snowman by Briggs and I believe he has one titled Polar Bear

 Deep Into the Forest by Brinton Turkle

<> The Silver Pony: a story in Pictures by Lynd Ward - the amazing thing
is that it's almost 200 pages long!  <>

"The Red Book" by Barbara Lehman is wordless and one of this year's
Caldecott Honor books. <>

http://www.weberpl.lib.ut.us/booklists/books.php?BookListID=31&SortOrder=Author
<http://www.weberpl.lib.ut.us/booklists/books.php?BookListID=31&SortOrder=Author>

<> http://www.lfpl.org/kidspages/booklists/wordless.htm<>