Hi all,

I'm doing some research on 10 year olds (5th graders). Specifically, I'm
looking into their socio-political views on the world as they see it.

For example, how to they feel about war, pollution, fairness, drugs,
gangs, what is cool, music, clothing, friends, bulllying, family issues,
racial issues, gender issues, mind/body awareness, character
development, the future, etc., etc., etc.?

Can anyone direct me to material on these topics (preferably on the
web)? I'm looking for research studies that look at the kids as a group.
Although writings by individual kids are interesting, I'm more
interested in larger groups, especially in variations among groups based
on gender, race, location, SES, or degree to which the schools they
attend are racially isolated (more than 80% in one racial group).

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
Jim Lerman
Faculty Recruiter
North Star Academy Charter School of Newark, NJ
jameslerman@northstaracademy.org