The NEW YORK CITY SCHOOL LIBRARIANS' ASSOCIATION has arranged a tour of the NEW
YORK TOLERANCE CENTER for Wednesday, January 26th, 2005 from 4 - 6 PM.  The tour is
available only for current members.  Please renew if you are interested in
participating.

TOUR
NEW YORK TOLERANCE CENTER

226 East 42nd Street
between Second and Third Avenue

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2005

TOUR begins at 4 PM

Please be prompt

The New York Tolerance Center opened March 2004 and is the east coast base for the
Simon Wiesenthal Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles.  The Center's mission is to
provide "a springboard into discussions on topics like racism and prejudice in
America, international human rights, the history of the Holocaust.and will foster
conversations on ethics, diversity, tolerance and responsibility."

The Tolerance Center does staff development for teachers and law enforcement
professionals as well as school groups age 12 and older.  The exhibits are quite
powerful and are presented in various media.  The Point of View Café ingeniously
tackles issues of hate speech/free speech and draws in the audience in an
interactive way.  For more information check their website at
<www.toolsfortolerance.com> and click on education.

We have arranged for NYCSLA members to tour the Center at 226 East 42nd Street
between Second and Third Avenue (next door to the Daily News Building).  The tour
will accommodate 40 people and is on a first come basis to our members only.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RSVP TO aniederman@aol.com with all necessary information (name,
address, telephone, email) no later than January 10th, 2005.  No last minute drop
ins and all visits to the Tolerance Center are by appointment only.  Please provide
48 hours notice if you are unable to attend so we can fill your slot.  We will
subsidize the cost of the tour for members only. (Fill out our membership form and
send in your separate membership check.)

Refreshments will not be provided.

We feel that this tour will provide information to our members of a new, valuable
resource in the city.