As you may know, the School of Library and Information Sciences at the
University of North Texas has gone to Thailand several times working in
school libraries there. Last summer we worked at a school on Rawai Beach
in Phuket. We haven't heard from the school since the tsunami (they are
on break) but we have heard from the business of one of the parents.
They have gone around the island and took pictures of what things look
like today. Here is a link to their webpage:  http://www.sea-bees.com

I can also recommend the website of the Phuket Gazette, an English
language newspaper. They don't update stories, but instead add the
newest ones to the top, so you can see the progression of the rescue
efforts. http://www.phuketgazette.com/news/

Carol Simpson, Ed.D.
Assoc. Professor - School of Library & Information Sciences
University of North Texas
PO Box 311068
205 Chestnut, ISB #205
Denton, TX 76203