Friends,
This is my last call for your favorite 2004 children's books
for Grades K-8.

So far, I have 20 lists. I'd like twice that
number if possible, and I'll need your choices
BY JANUARY 10. Five days to go!

Feel free to list one or 25, but if you list a lot, star your
favorites.

I'll publish the HIT Wednesday, January 12.
ALA will award medals Monday, January 17.

Here's the query I sent in early December:

Dear Friends,
I am once more sending my annual request for the
Best Books for Children, regardless of whether they
qualify for medals or not, but must be published in 2004.
They can be by Americans or non-Americans, on
any subject and in any genre.

It would help me, but is not essential to your list,
if you ranked them by INTEREST level as:

                  PRIMARY (Grades K-2, ages 5-7),
          INTERMEDIATE (Grades 3-5, ages 8-10),
          YA (Grades 6-8, ages 11-14)

  Thanks.

Joan

Joan Kimball, Concord, Mass.   woodkimball@juno.com
Retired from Hart's Hill School Library,   Whitesboro NY