I was amazed to read this announcement tonight.
I am sure many of you access ENC and find it an invaluable source!
 From the website:

http://www.enc.org/funding/

"The staff of the Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC) regret to inform
you that the U.S. Department of Education will not continue funding for a
national mathematics and science education clearinghouse beyond ENC's
current contract year ending September 30, 2005. We believe that ENC has
provided a valuable service to the nation's K-12 mathematics and science
teachers over the past 13 years, and we look forward to continuing that
work. We are currently developing plans to deliver ENC's products and
services through subscriptions to schools, organizations and individuals
beginning in October 2005.

If you would like to be kept informed about ENC's future directions, or if
you have comments or suggestions for the staff, please send an email to
info@enc21.com."

ENC Online
<http://www.enc.org/>

Sybil Finemel

Library Director MLIS.CIO.

Los Angeles CA

Contributor, lii.org, Librarians' Index to the Internet http://lii.org/

Virtual Reference Desk Volunteer

24/7 Reference Librarian.

sfinemel@comcast.net

"Manners are of more importance than laws. Manners are what vex or soothe,
corrupt or purify, exalt or debase, barbarize or refine us, by a constant,
steady, uniform, insensible operation, like that of the air we breathe in."

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)