I purchased the book WHAT'S THAT SMELL by Tucker Shaw for my junior high
library and found that it is not appropriate for seventh or eighth grade
students.  I am not sure where it would be appropriate.  I thought the book
subtitled 50 MORTIFYING SITUATIONS AND HOW TO DEAL would be great for my
students.  Reviews looked good although one cautioned adults might not like
the some of suggestions.   Those solutions include "Talking your way out of
deception" of having birth control pills by lying to parents just doesn't
fly with me.  Another scenario on how to enlist friends to clean up the
evidence of wild party while parents out of town would not be something I
would want my students doing, either.

Much of the advice is right on and very good, but I would encourage you to
carefully examine this title before including in your collection.  It will
not be added to my collection and I consider myself fairly liberal.

Sharon Harmon, Librarian

Ozark Junior High

Ozark, MO

slharm@classicnet.net