Greetings,

I'm wondering how most elementary school libraries are shelving their
picture books. I've just moved to a new position and the previous librarian
separated the soft cover picture books from the hardcover ones. They have a
call number of Pb and they're stacked on shelves according to title.

I know we've discussed before about how you can do what's best for your
school, but I'm finding this very confusing. I did have a special ABC book
stand that I used in my last school to hold all the Robert Munsch,
Clifford, Author and Berstain Bear books. It also held the early 'I Can
Read' type books.  I had also colour coded all the picture books which was
a ton of work, but it would probably be easier to do that then to change
all the spine labels on the paperback picture books.

Any thoughts here? Is there a good reason to keep the soft cover paper
backs separate?
Randi

Randi Louise Hermans
BCTLA Vice President