Hi everyone,

My biology teacher just had me read The Lorax to her students in
connection with her unit on birds and extinction.  She loved the way
the students responded and was hoping to do something similar in
connection with her Bio-ethics unit.  She mentioned the book The Giver
by Lois Lowry (what a coincidence that we are also discussing a
challenge on that book), but is looking for a shorter book.  The issues
she wants to discuss are stem cell research, cloning, and genetic
diagnostic testing.  If anyone has any ideas of anything like that
please let me know.  Thanks so much!

Sheri Haveman
Librarian
Pella Christian High School